Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Full English

Many say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I say that meals are the most important part of life. So due to basic theories of mathematics, meals are the most important part of life! Thanks, math (this is my college education in action). But one particular meal rings true here in England.
The Full English

FATTY FATTY NO FRIENDS. Check it. We've got two eggs, sunny side up. We then turn to cooked tomatoes. Keep journeying on and we find MEAT. One form of pig isn't nearly enough, so we've got sausage AND bacon. Both are very different than what I'm used to. The sausage is always soft and a bit mushy inside, no matter how it's cooked or the crispiness on the outside. Bacon is closer to what we'd call Taylor Ham (New Jersey, I don't want to hear it). Emma burned it (I mean.... um... cooked it well-done). We round out the veggie portion of our meal with some sautéed mushrooms, and round it all out with a few legumes. Oh. And toast. ALL the toast. GIVE ME CARBS. As Ash says, "Bread is carbs. Carbs is energy. Energy is dance."

The whole spread. Of course, we've got English breakfast tea!

This toast thing made me laugh so I took a photo of it. Had no idea "toast holders" existed

And some mimosas cuz the American wants booze. Cheers to Matthew from across the pond!


No comments:

Post a Comment