Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Roast

Happy Sunday!!!

One of the best days of the week! Church bells are ringing, sun is shining, and I've been introduced to a new British tradition--The Sunday Roast.

The only thing I can compare Sunday Roast to is Thanksgiving (once a week; watch out waistline). It's such an awesome weekly time for families to gather round--in this case, our big, dancing, incestual boat family. Our fantastic chefs Masha and Victoria spearheaded an epic meal of roasted chicken, green cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower in a tasty cheese sauce, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, stuffing balls (they're exactly what you think they are), and roasted parsnips. Being that we're in North Yorkshire, it felt perfect that I had my first encounter with Yorkshire pudding. SURPRISE--this is actually a pastry. The flavor is similar to an American pancake baked into what I can only describe as an inside-out muffin. But hey, a photo is worth a thousand words. 

Definitely not pudding. But they sure are tasty!

I really lucked out with this cast! I'm surrounded by devilishly attractive chefs who all like to keep a clean home--God bless the UK. 



Tonight's dinner was hosted at the Palladium, which is another Qdos cottage housing some of our amazing dancers (more on my cottage coming soon). One said dancer, Paul, proceeded to make one of the craziest, most delicious brownies I've ever had. This brownie was made from fresh cocoa and sprinkled with crushed Oreos on top. I probably now have diabetes, but I think it was worth it.

Paul's brownies and dance moves are equally sweet.

LOVING Sunday Roast. It's a time for family to get together. Anyone across the pond reading this--adopt it!!! You don't need a massive feast, but I implore you to just take one night a week to put down your phones and cook some food with the people you love. And hey--maybe even try a new dish that you never would have (seriously though, Yorkshire pudding rocks). 





No comments:

Post a Comment